Progressive, Dedicated Memory Support
Alzheimer’s disease and the many forms of dementia can be devastating. We understand the special and often changing needs of our residents and have created a community that affords the best possible quality of life for those affected by memory impairment.
Our team of professionals is committed to enriching the lives of seniors we serve throughout their journey. Associates are trained in the Positive Approach™ to Care, an approach developed by Teepa Snow, an occupational therapist and one of America’s leading experts on dementia, which focuses on abilities that remain, versus what has been lost. We place people before tasks and nurture relationships that recognize the importance of privacy, choice, dignity, purpose and the involvement of family and friends.
Ivy Lane and Azalea Trace are both designed as memory care “neighborhoods,” each with a limited number of residents for optimal staffing ratios. The neighborhood design allows our associates to focus on the strengths, talents and personal preferences of residents while providing support to family members who will enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved one is secure and cared for.
Service, Care & Residence Features
Personalized care is provided under the direction of a licensed nurse and specially trained associates dedicated to the well-being and comfort of each resident.
- Secure setting
- 24-hour health care staff
- Private residences with half-bath
- Floor plans that accommodate couples
- Personalized care plan tailored to meet unique needs and preferences
- Interactive and socially stimulating programming
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming (as needed)
- Ongoing monitoring of health needs and medication management under the direction of licensed nurses
- All utilities except telephone provided, including basic cable
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Personal laundry
- Three meals served restaurant-style each day
- Activity and common spaces designed to allow social interaction
- Enclosed courtyard for safe outdoor activities such as walking and family visits
- Shared social spaces, including a residential kitchen, living room and dining room
- Activities calendar, with daily events and opportunities tailored to memory care residents
- Extended congregate care is available for an additional charge